Hey Wednesday!


I am two days late. Sorry. :)
I have been trying to be disciplined to do some things in my life on schedule. Unfortunately, crazy life has happened the past few days. It has been a challenge for me to be scheduled. I am a fly by the seat of your pants kind of person but I know I need to practice working harder at sticking with a plan on some things.  I pray God will keep working on me (and not give up).


The last few days have felt like this: 



Here are few scriptures from this past week from the One Year Bible that really stuck out for me:
This one was from this morning. This was one of the scriptures that I used to sing to our boys when they were small. I would just put any catchy tune with a short scripture and sing them over and over. (Like my Mom used to say, "Talk truth until you are blue in the face.")  I can still hear them and see them singing with me. Some days I really miss those little ones. 

What a powerful passage. 
My mouth and my heart. 
All of it Lord, may it be pleasing to You. 

And this one:
Gen. 39:7-10-Now Joseph was well-built and handsome, and after a while his master’s wife took notice of Joseph and said, “Come to bed with me!”

But he refused. “With me in charge,” he told her, “my master does not concern himself with anything in the house; everything he owns he has entrusted to my care. No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?” And though she spoke to Joseph day after day, he refused to go to bed with her or even be with her.

Verse 9 just really helps me to see how I have to put everything in my life under the thought that I live to please God.  Joseph knew it was wrong and that he would displease his master but his biggest concern was pleasing and being obedient to his God. I pray we can all have this bigger view of how we live our lives. 

I love straightforward verses like this:
Psalm 15:1-5

Who may live on your holy mountain?
The one whose walk is blameless, (innocent of wrongdoing)
who does what is righteous, (morally right or virtuous)
who speaks the truth from their heart
whose tongue utters no slander,  (a false and malicious statement)
who does no wrong to a neighbor,
and casts no slur on others; (making damaging or insulting allegations)
who despises a vile person
but honors those who fear the Lord; (highly respect and esteem)
who keeps an oath even when it hurts, (a solemn promise)
and does not change their mind;
who lends money to the poor without interest;
who does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
Whoever does these things
will never be shaken.

I pray that this week is a smooth and calm one. I pray that we can all see God more clearly as we continue to meet Him each day in His Word and in prayer as the Spirit leads us. 

Blessings! Amy





Comments

Sandi said…
Hahha...love that saying about looking for the phone! ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012